The Interdisciplinary Centre for Energy Research at Indian Institute of Science researches in the area of energy with a range of topics spanning from renewable to fossil fuel sources. The centre houses high pressure and temperature experimental facilities, laser-based diagnostics, optical devices, electro-mechanical devices, photovoltaics, power electronics to support the research activities of Centre. Apart from the facility at IISc; several of the ICER extension activities are on Challakere campus about 200 kms from Bangalore. ICER now seeks to recruit a Facility Manager who will have overall responsibility for the operation of the centre at IISc and Challakere campus; whose duties will include:
- Ensuring that items of equipment and support infrastructure are maintained in good operating condition with high up-time through routine maintenance and liaison with suppliers and service providers
- Participating in collaborative research activities with faculty members and students
- Managing support staff involved in running facilities at the centre
- Assisting faculty of the institute in generating resources through extra-mural projects to keep the centre financially viable
- Providing technical support for periodic training programmes
- Ensuring Safety practices and auditing in laboratory operation
- Any other duties as assigned from time to time by the Chair
Essential qualifications: Master’s degree in engineering with at least 10 years experience in addressing the operations such as high pressure and high-temperature equipment, electro-mechanical devices, instrumentation, photovoltaic field, laser, hands-on familiarity with routine as well as sophisticated techniques at an advanced level of handling various equipment’s
Desirable Qualifications:- Masters degree in Mechanical Engineering with a minimum of 10-
year experience or BTech in Mechanical Engineering with 15 years’ experience.
Age below 60 years
Remuneration and Benefits: A consolidated salary of Rs. 1,00,000/- month with additional increments based on qualifications and experience.
Terms of Appointment: This is a contract appointment, initially for one year and renewable thereafter based on an annual evaluation of performance.
Interested candidates may apply by email to Professor S Dasappa, Chair, Interdisciplinary Centre for Energy Research, Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore 560012 (email: email@example.com and copy to firstname.lastname@example.org), with a copy of their CV and the contact details of at least 1 referee before 18 April 2022.